Friday, August 17, 2012

If you really knew me...

If you really knew me...

If you really knew me, you would know that I can't go to bed with a dirty kitchen, ever.

You would know how I've always walked on my tip toes since I was a little girl, and that my daughter Joya has carried this  tradition on. :)

I'd tell you how my mind is easily plagued by the what if's in life, and that I am gradually learning that life was intended to be lived one day at a time.. (one moment at a time for that matter..)

You'd know that I am a firm believer in laughing at yourself, and NEVER taking yourself or this life too seriously. Being able to make fun of myself is a strong point.. It's gotta be when you have the blonde moments I do, right?!

I would tell you how these past few years of my life have been the most trying, but that I am forever grateful for how the tests have molded me into a more compassionate and resilient person..

You would know that I hate (as in despise) onions.

That my biggest weaknesses have to do with cheese and chocolate..and how my perfect Friday night is at home with my family watching House Hunters International in my pajamas.

You'd see my insecurities because I'm an open book and find beauty in vulnerability.

And if you were in my head right now, all you would hear is "WeeEEE are NEVER EVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER!" <3 T. Swift for that one. Really hope her album isn't all super poppy. (sorry just had to get that off my chest.. I feel better now)

Now what I really wanna know is your list of things...
Link em' up buttercup!

XOXO
Sarah




5 comments:

  1. In addition to having the same name,,,even spelled with an "H" (the "only way to spell it of course,,ha ha)...I read that we have VERY VERY IMPORTANT similar likes as well (lol) :)
    1. Clean kitchen before bed (absolutely)....2.Cheese and Chocolate (super weakness along with mashed potatoes),,,,3."What if's" in life (just ask my husband how many questions I ask about life's little wonders),,,

    Also if you knew me you would know that I am in love with all dogs,,I love their wet noses and personalities,,they are all one of a kind and so special.
    You would know that I try really hard to be "worldly" like watching the news, or reading a newspaper or listening to a presidential debate,,but all of the above are the most boring things to me, I have a hard time retaining any of that info. and not falling asleep...it just doesn't interest me....AT ALL.
    You would know I have a passion for people in general. I am interested in what their story is, what they have seen and done in life,,,it amazes me that I never know just who I am sitting right next to. You would know I always imagine what is going on in the rest of the world as I sit in my little world. (i.e) someone getting engaged in Paris, someone having a baby at that very same moment I am fretting about my hair,(these thoughts put myself and life into a great perspective) someone losing a loved one, someone graduating from medical school, or actors and actresses making a film.,,all of the things happening all over the world in a simple moment of time.
    You would know that I am constantly trying to take that step outside of my comfort zone in order to grow and change.
    You would know that I like to go to bed early and wake up early and exercise first thing.
    :) Good Night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thank you Sarah for sharing your list!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how oh so real you are. I totally agree with the laughing at yourself one!

    Is it bad I haven't even heard Taylor's new song? I know. I know! I live under a rock. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah you don't live under a rock! It was just released a week ago.. plenty of time for you to get it stuck in your head! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! Saw that you followed me on Twitter, I'm following you back as well as your blog. You have a super cute family! Follow my blog if you like, although I have been awful at keeping up with that lately. ; ) Take care!

    Sheri

    http://www.whatstoeatmom.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete